Thursday, January 27, 2011

"All Your Dead Ones" is DOA IMHO

First movie I have walked out of. Not because I found it offensive-- unless incredibly boring and pretentious qualifies as offensive. The best thing I've heard from those that made it through the whole film is "at least we all had a good snooze".

The premise is intriguing: a man discovers a heap of dead bodies in a field. He then goes on an absurd quest to report it to the authorities. The film is billed as "a disquieting allegory. A silent indictment of Columbia's ongoing civil war." What I saw was too much silence and extremely heavy handed allegory. I would rather see a documentary about it than a self-indulgent film school piece.

I know it's not fair to critique the film based on 25 minutes, but this is the only film I've walked out of, so that must be worth a post.



- Posted from iPhone

Location:Sundance

No comments: